Please Watch My Emmy Winning Movie, The Pez Outlaw on Amazon Prime & Peacock. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Best actor at SXSW.
It's My Story.
ebay link to Pez Outlaw Collectibles.
If I had known the outcome of creating the Misfits, would I have still done it?YES! It's like a carnival ride that you throw up after you get off. But the ride was awesome. Also. The good & the bad have created who I am now & this wonderful story. In the end I believe that The Misfits made me more than I would have been without them.Every bad thing that happens in life holds the possibility of a New Direction, So we should not regret the bad. It forges us with the strength to become something more. If we choose it.
Plus look at them, They are truly Awesome!As an Achievement, A body of work that will never be duplicated.But all that said, It created PEZ OUTLAW & all that followed.I would never trade those beautiful years of adventure that so exceeded my imagination.So I am where I was meant to be, a life lived.
Plus look at them, They are truly Awesome!
As an Achievement, A body of work that will never be duplicated.
But all that said, It created PEZ OUTLAW & all that followed.
I would never trade those beautiful years of adventure that so exceeded my imagination.
So I am where I was meant to be, a life lived.
You Know I could say all the travel I was lucky enough to do exceeded my Wildest dreams. That though would be such an understatement. I never even dreamed of Traveling the world.
My life to that point had not include the possibility of such a thing.
On a similar note. I was always a movie buff & read a lot of Biographies of the rich & Famous. So a movie about, ME! Was also never on my radar.
If Scott McWhinnie the president of Pez Corp USA had not done what he did, I never would have out of VENGENCE decided to talk about a Pie In The Sky idea of a Pez Outlaw Movie.
My life has exceded the Dreams I never allowed myself to even have.
I am very grateful for this.
You choose your own path.
Every other day you just want to give up.
But you Don't because you have no other choice.
Life has handed you What you get.
You think you had a choice, but you did not.
Every step you took in life set your future.
It's to late for regret or second guessing.
Make peace with who you are.
Forward, always Forward.
In my 1st Year of trips to Europe Buying Pez out of 100ish trips total, I found & brought back to the USA The Following.
Pink & Lavender Bunnies before such things existed.
Thousands & thousands of Decade old Pez.
4 years later I created what are now known as the Misfits.
Add to that I created & named The Crystals.
For good Measure I created The 1st Glow in the Dark Pez.
The next decade was a game of cat n mouse between Pez Corporation and Pez Outlaw.
That was a time when you couldn't tell the good guys from the bad guys.
Sounds outlandish right, I've got every bit of paper that shows it.
What would you do if an International Corporation (PEZ) put a hit out on your life?
I survived but it's taken 20yrs to even partially recover.That was a time when you couldn't tell the good guys from the bad guys.The Reason Pez Corporation Targeted Me.
For approx. 3 years by default I ran Pez USA.
The reason I say this is for 2 to 3 years most of what Pez USA did was in direct response to what I was doing.
For a decade I was the largest Pez Dealer in the world. Over an 11 year period of selling Pez I earned $4,530,899.00 in Gross Sales.
For 10 years I traveled to Europe almost every month buying Pez.
Spending just under 2 million dollars.
I smuggled roughly 1.5 million pez dispensers into the USA from Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia n Canada.
Over 700,000 pez were hand carried by me personally between Europe and the USA Total Amount of money spent buying Pez worldwide, well over 2 million dollars.
I operated in an underground black market Pez economy for 10 years. Making me a Pez Outlaw.
A man on the run with a giant bulls-eye on my back.
Countries visited buying Pez included; Canada, Australia, Austria, South Africa, Spain, France, Slovenia, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Switzerland, Finland and Sweden.
I can't tell you the number of times that the people in Europe that sold to me said that I needed to sell quietly. To be honest, I have no idea how to do that. Besides I was operating on a shoestring budget. Johann got his pez for pennies, basically out of dumpster or minute from same. David had years of toy sales momentum to finance his patient approach.
From day one I was borrowing against our bills to keep going. I never had the luxury of taking my time. If I wanted there to be a next trip buying Pez I had to sell half of the trip I was on. Add to that my excitement of finally escaping the life I'd been assigned for the life I had always dreamed of.
Here's the scenario. I'd return from a trip to Europe with a haul of pez dispensers. 2 weeks, next week n sometimes land at my next show. Sell $12,000.00 worth of pez then 2 weeks later return to Europe n repeat the cycle over and over for 10 years.
On there part Pez Corporation was. Jealous, Green with Envy & there Greedy to the point of lustful.
Pez Outlaw made Pez Corporation feel impotent.
By default Pez Outlaw ran Pez Corporation for years.
For those years a significant amount of what Pez Corporation did was in direct response to Pez Outlaw actions and innovations.
Did you know?
Back in the 1990s on 2 separate occasions major cable channels contacted me when doing shows on collectibles thinking that Pez Outlaw was actually Pez Corporation. That's how much larger my footprint of activities was compared to Pez Corporation and another reason that they wanted me dead.
Imagine the anger of a large International Corporation like Pez that realizes this lawless upstart Pez Outlaw is putting on a bigger n more exciting show with there product than they are. Truly it's not an exaggeration. By todays standards that might be hard to imagine because Pez Corporation is now licensing anything n everything including the neighbors CAT!
What you see today is in no way what it was from 1950 to 1998.
Pez Corp for those years was stodgy n old in there thinking and licensing. Correct me John Laspina, but prior to 1998 the known Universe of Pez Dispensers was something like 1,200 to 1,400 total known pez that existed. From 1998 to 2019 that number has quadrupled, an exaggeration. Maybe but that's what it looks like to someone like me who closed there eyes for 20yrs.
Back on point. You're a stodgy old corporation n some guy named Pez Outlaw is running circles around you with your own product. Bingo, you feel foolish, stupid, n green with envy.
Pez Outlaw must die so you can live.
I conceived n sold the first Crystal (clear plastic) Pez Dispensers.
I conceived n sold the first Glow in The Dark Pez Dispensers.
I conceived n sold the first Holiday Colors (you know them as the copies Misfits) Pez Dispensers.
I sold the first 2 Bubble Boy Pez Dispensers after Pez initially abandoned him. Which by no coincidence is why he exists today.
I brought an entire group of C class trucks (pink, yellow n orange cabs, black stems) to the USA.
I brought almost every Black Santa in collections today to the USA.
except 1or2 the only Black Santa Pez that exist anywhere in the world were brought to the USA by me.
I brought almost all of the original Pink Bunny Pez to the USA.
I imported the entire initial group ( approx 250,000 ) Pez Body Parts to the USA.
I imported almost all of Aral, Shell Oil, BP gas, Pilots, Mariners, Alpine boys n all color variations to the USA.
I imported almost all of the Santa n Easter with body parts to the USA.
I created the California Pez Convention.
I Reduced common Foreign Pez prices from $25.00 each to $5.00 each.
I Reduced recently discontinued Pez at $50 n $75.00 each to $10 to $25.00 each.
I bought n sold more pez in 1990s than any other dealer (even if you combined top 3 dealers), over 2 million.
I am the only person that large groups of Pez are known as sj glew/Pez Outlaw Pez.
The First Pez Corporation Website ever was created with copies of my pez, with the sole intent to destroy me.
To say I had an impact on the Hobby of Collecting Pez is a very big understatement.
The above list is nowhere near everything.
For approx. 3 years by default I ran Pez USA.
The reason I say this is for 2 to 3 years most of what Pez USA did was in direct response to what I was doing.
For a decade I was the largest Pez Dealer in the world. Over an 11 year period of selling Pez I earned $4,530,899.00 in Gross Sales.
For 10 years I traveled to Europe almost every month buying Pez.
Spending just under 2 million dollars.
I smuggled roughly 1.5 million pez dispensers into the USA from Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia n Canada.
Over 700,000 pez were hand carried by me personally between Europe and the USA Total Amount of money spent buying Pez worldwide, well over 2 million dollars.
I operated in an underground black market Pez economy for 10 years. Making me a Pez Outlaw.
A man on the run with a giant bulls-eye on my back.
Countries visited buying Pez included; Canada, Australia, Austria, South Africa, Spain, France, Slovenia, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Switzerland, Finland and Sweden.
I can't tell you the number of times that the people in Europe that sold to me said that I needed to sell quietly. To be honest, I have no idea how to do that. Besides I was operating on a shoestring budget. Johann got his pez for pennies, basically out of dumpster or minute from same. David had years of toy sales momentum to finance his patient approach.
From day one I was borrowing against our bills to keep going. I never had the luxury of taking my time. If I wanted there to be a next trip buying Pez I had to sell half of the trip I was on. Add to that my excitement of finally escaping the life I'd been assigned for the life I had always dreamed of.
Here's the scenario. I'd return from a trip to Europe with a haul of pez dispensers. 2 weeks, next week n sometimes land at my next show. Sell $12,000.00 worth of pez then 2 weeks later return to Europe n repeat the cycle over and over for 10 years.
On there part Pez Corporation was. Jealous, Green with Envy & there Greedy to the point of lustful.
Pez Outlaw made Pez Corporation feel impotent.
By default Pez Outlaw ran Pez Corporation for years.
For those years a significant amount of what Pez Corporation did was in direct response to Pez Outlaw actions and innovations.
Did you know?
Back in the 1990s on 2 separate occasions major cable channels contacted me when doing shows on collectibles thinking that Pez Outlaw was actually Pez Corporation. That's how much larger my footprint of activities was compared to Pez Corporation and another reason that they wanted me dead.
Imagine the anger of a large International Corporation like Pez that realizes this lawless upstart Pez Outlaw is putting on a bigger n more exciting show with there product than they are. Truly it's not an exaggeration. By todays standards that might be hard to imagine because Pez Corporation is now licensing anything n everything including the neighbors CAT!
What you see today is in no way what it was from 1950 to 1998.
Pez Corp for those years was stodgy n old in there thinking and licensing. Correct me John Laspina, but prior to 1998 the known Universe of Pez Dispensers was something like 1,200 to 1,400 total known pez that existed. From 1998 to 2019 that number has quadrupled, an exaggeration. Maybe but that's what it looks like to someone like me who closed there eyes for 20yrs.
Back on point. You're a stodgy old corporation n some guy named Pez Outlaw is running circles around you with your own product. Bingo, you feel foolish, stupid, n green with envy.
Pez Outlaw must die so you can live.
I conceived n sold the first Crystal (clear plastic) Pez Dispensers.
I conceived n sold the first Glow in The Dark Pez Dispensers.
I conceived n sold the first Holiday Colors (you know them as the copies Misfits) Pez Dispensers.
I sold the first 2 Bubble Boy Pez Dispensers after Pez initially abandoned him. Which by no coincidence is why he exists today.
I brought an entire group of C class trucks (pink, yellow n orange cabs, black stems) to the USA.
I brought almost every Black Santa in collections today to the USA.
except 1or2 the only Black Santa Pez that exist anywhere in the world were brought to the USA by me.
I brought almost all of the original Pink Bunny Pez to the USA.
I imported the entire initial group ( approx 250,000 ) Pez Body Parts to the USA.
I imported almost all of Aral, Shell Oil, BP gas, Pilots, Mariners, Alpine boys n all color variations to the USA.
I imported almost all of the Santa n Easter with body parts to the USA.
I created the California Pez Convention.
I Reduced common Foreign Pez prices from $25.00 each to $5.00 each.
I Reduced recently discontinued Pez at $50 n $75.00 each to $10 to $25.00 each.
I bought n sold more pez in 1990s than any other dealer (even if you combined top 3 dealers), over 2 million.
I am the only person that large groups of Pez are known as sj glew/Pez Outlaw Pez.
The First Pez Corporation Website ever was created with copies of my pez, with the sole intent to destroy me.
To say I had an impact on the Hobby of Collecting Pez is a very big understatement.
The above list is nowhere near everything.
My years as Pez Outlaw are actually very Fuzzy math.
In truth my footprint was 1992 to 2002.
The intense years were from 1994 to 2000.
Internationally Surveiled n Hunted, Pez Outlaw.
But they never caught me.
Now 20yrs later I can tell you the story.
If you don't write your own story, somebody else might or even worse your story will be forgotten.
How I never ended up in Jail somewhere around the World is a Miracle.
I was ordered to report to the police in Hungary once, but I talked my way out of it.
You were always having to hand people money.
Though this type of thing ussually happened by the side of the road.
That's the thing about Money, Long as you have it problems go away.
The minute you don't, The Vulchers come out.
There's a trick to being Poor.
You better be a fighter n ready to give up 20yrs.
Pez Outlaw, We begin.
The last 20yrs have felt very much like serving a prison sentence
Waiting until I have done enough pennants for my sins
A very interesting thing happened when Pez Corporation Targeted n Destroyed my Life.
Penniless, Depressed, Filled with Anger.
I realized that I was FREE, I had nothing left to lose.
I found the strength to fight, Relieved of consequences/loss, I began a 20yr fight with no rules.
What are you gonna do Destroy my life n reduce me to poverty, OH RIGHT, you already did that.
Pez Corporation, You thought that I'd react like most once destroyed.
Unfortunately for you You Picked a Fight With Pez Outlaw, not Pez Nice Guy.
Crazy people don't know how to quit.
You see, Crazy is my strength, not my Disability.
Pez Corporation, It Takes as Long as it Takes, I will not yeild until Restitution is made.
I don't need lawyers, I have the Truth of what you did.
The soon to be released Pez Outlaw Movie/Documentary is just the beginning.
I've had 20yrs to plan n work this thing out.
We are at the beginning not the end Pez Corporation.
Pez Corporation, It's your move.
Being Poor with an extremely heavy debt load is 20yrs I could never do again
Words are meaningless to convey the lows
To be honest I don't know how we survived it
Actually I do, The Kindness Love of Good Friends n Family
I can never do enough to thank you all, but I will try
A good friend Paula Bunker gave me crystals to help me deal with the future. Another Good Friend Ilona Stevens gave me a VooooDoooo Doll. I guess it all evens out.
Calm the Heart, accept the dream.
We are getting very close to one of the EPIC moment for the Pez Outlaw story.
You Don't stop Till you are 20 yards past the Finnish Line.
I am Pez Outlaw n I regret nothing, except the day I tried to go legit. But I'm gonna make even that mistake pay off.
There would not have been any Misfits, Bubble Boy, Black Santa, Crystals or Glow In The Dark Pez without Pez Outlaw.
For 2 decades now people have wondered why I continue with this.
Very soon all will be revealed.
You're only as good as yesterday
Today we begin again for tomorrows tally
Your worth is in the eyes of others
20yrs later n Pez Corporation is still profiting from the idea I created n sold the 1st of. Hell, I even named the Crystals. In a strange turn of events this Crystal the latest of my children is celebrating the year 2021.
After 20yrs of preparation, this is the year I will make my stand as Pez Outlaw.
Buckle up Pez Corp. 2023 is going to be a Fantastic Ride.
Thanks for the Pez Dispenser to celebrate the year of Pez Outlaw.
Seems like yesterday, but It's been 20yrs since I retired as President of Pez USA.
OK yeah sure, Pez USA had a figurehead more pleasing for show, but make no mistake I ran Pez USA for a good part of the 1990s.That guy was just my puppet on a string.
People have told me that Scott McWhinnie's claim to fame as president of Pez USA was that he put feet on Pez Dispensers.
OK Big Atta Boy Scott.
I'll match that n raise you one.
Pez Outlaw created n sold the 1st use of Glow in the Dark Plastic n "Crystals" (my name for them) clear n colored see through plastic heads.
MILLIONS of GITD n Crystals have been made n sold by Pez International & still used to this day.
You're welcome Pez Corporation, not like you'd ever acknoledge this fact or heaven forbid even say THANK YOU.
A popular phrase right now is that "If you're driving through Hell, Keep on a goin".
My addition would be "Don't let up on the Gas when you're almost out".
You may or may not know but I've had some very good news as of late.
By now you know what the goals are, I will rest when all have been met.
Today is one of those days when I ask myself, How in the world did you sell over 2 Million Pez Dispensers?
Multiply the above picture by 20+, it's just one tiny corner of what I had.
Yeah, I find myself thinking about the mountain of pez dispensers I had at one time.
Now poof all gone. It all seems rather inconceivable today.
Calling Dr Phil.
Pez Corp has a customer who is willing to and spends 1/2 million dollars in one year buying Pez dispensers from Pez Corp to resell. In doing so this customer also brings several unique innovations to that product. How does Pez corporation reward this customer? They do everything possible to destroy that investment. Call me stupid but this does not sound like good business practice.
After reviewing my records from 1998 I'm actually surprised that I only lost $250,000.00 when it was all done. I believe that because I was willing to take the hit and reacted quickly to the events as they unfolded, that I reduced a potential 1/2 million dollar loss by half.
The really ironic part of all of this is that before I tried to go legit by doing business directly with pez corp I earned over 4 million dollars. After trying to go legit buying directly from Pez Corp, I lost everything and went $250,000.00 in debt. Who woulda thunk that doing business around the edges was better than partnering with Pez corp.
Kinda reminds me of the movies where a criminal tries to go straight. The criminal figures after handling business in a criminal world, that corporate types would be pussy cats. Only to find out Corporate types are more dishonest than criminals
You have to be asking yourself. How can this guy say these things and not get in legal trouble with Pez Corp? The answer is easy. The statements are true, therefore not slander but simply a statement of fact.
It would also be interesting, to me anyway. To have Pez USA explain how there website when it first came on line mirrored the product I paid just under 1/2 million dollars for.
Since we all know I am not a shrinking violate I will also state the following. There would not have been any Bubble Boy release by Pez USA had I not sold 2 for approximately $1,000.00 each, causing Scott McWhinnie to wig out & other dealers to start selling there's. There would not have been Crystal pez dispensers at all if not for the Crystal Pez Project that was part of the Pez Color Wars. There would not have been color variation Pez Dispensers sold by Pez Corp & others in any significant quantities had it not been for my Black Santa Pez Dispensers & the Holiday Colors Pez Dispensers that were part of the Pez Color Wars.
Bubble Boy Pez Dispensers in all colors, Crystal Pez dispensers of all types & Color variation Pez Dispensers of all types in any significant quantity all are a direct result of the Pez Color Wars. So in effect all of these Pez Dispensers & those that followed are my children as they were born of this time. The Crystal & Color variation Pez Dispensers that have followed to this day are all born as a direct result of the Pez Color Wars. So they too are my children. None of this would have happened had it not been for the Pez Colors project, The Pez Crystals Project or the Pez Color Wars.
Pez Corporation Committed a $500,000.00 Fraud through Breach of implied Contract.
Pez Corporation used a client's ideas to destroy that client's business.
Pez Corporation used their own product to destroy a client.
Pez Corporation sold then devalued their own product to destroy a client.
Pez Corporation initiated a smear campaign against their own product once a client bought that product.
Pez Corporation manipulated the price n value of their own product to destroy a client.
Some things are meant to be used, not liked.
Pez Corporation destroyed a client then used that client's ideas for 2 decades of profit.
Pez Corporation took 1/2 Million Dollars of my hard-earned money, then used it to destroy me.
20yrs later, I do not forgive, I do not forget, until some form of restitution is made.
Pez Outlaw, "Pez Corporation, time is fast running out to make restitution n change the ending to this story" #Apple #Disney #Amazon #Netflix
How do you make a Million Dollars selling PEZ?
Start out with 2 Million Dollars.
A life lesson, why not.
No matter how you're feeling, or the body blows your life has taken, you must lift yourself up n keep going.
Failure after failure doesn't matter, each day you still put one foot in front of the other n do what you can.
Action creates a glimmer of hope n possibilities.
a piece of candy, how bland can you be. Pez Outlaw as your mascot now that would be somethin. think of it this way. a piece of candy or a lovable scoundrel that literally traveled the world for 10yrs hunting for pez
just saying LAME! when a different direction could've been edgy, exciting and comes with a very large story that's ready n available
On one of my trips to Europe buying Pez I was offered a plastic injection molding machine n a place to keep it for the production of Pez Dispensers.
Start out with 2 Million Dollars.
No matter how you're feeling, or the body blows your life has taken, you must lift yourself up n keep going.
Failure after failure doesn't matter, each day you still put one foot in front of the other n do what you can.
Action creates a glimmer of hope n possibilities.
After 20yrs of trying, I still get up every day n put one more brick on the wall.
20yrs of working 3hrs every day toward my dream n it is finally here.
The Pez Outlaw Movie/Documentary is done.
Now we wait to see who buys it.
Crazy Buggers call me the "TALENT".
| Time left: |
Do you know how you win a war?
Have better Spies.
Pez Outlaw
Pez Corporation just announced there new mascot
a piece of candy, how bland can you be. Pez Outlaw as your mascot now that would be somethin. think of it this way. a piece of candy or a lovable scoundrel that literally traveled the world for 10yrs hunting for pez
just saying LAME! when a different direction could've been edgy, exciting and comes with a very large story that's ready n available
Pez Collectors say that they want to hear all the Pez Outlaw stories?
On one of my trips to Europe buying Pez I was offered a plastic injection molding machine n a place to keep it for the production of Pez Dispensers.
There are those that believe to this day that I accepted that offer.
God knows buying old molds was very doable.













Give me a Steve Glew mascot dispenser any day!
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteJennifer Gibbs would much rather a pez outlaw! Great story Steve!
ReplyDeleteThe Outlaw Pez would be the BEST mascot ever. Can't wait for the Movie to come out.
ReplyDeleteThank You
DeleteI wonder if any of the PeziBigWigs will view the Outlaw movie 🎬.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they need free tickets. BAWAHAHAHAHAHA
Great story, great movie, great lesson of life and love. Thank you Steve (& Kathy!). Love from Europe
ReplyDeleteThank You
Delete