Friday, January 9, 2026

Pez Outlaw, The Post-it, Post #pezoutlaw


ebay link to Pez Outlaw Collectibles.

Please Watch My Emmy Winning Movie, The Pez Outlaw on Amazon Prime & Peacock. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Best actor at SXSW.

It's My Story.


Above Image is a Movie prop, not the real Post-it

Recently during the final scenes of the Pez Outlaw movie, We shot the postit scene. 

Take after take n I ended up with 10 Fake postits which I gave to Ilona Stevens to give to her friends.

To our suprise a bunch of folks had no Idea what they were, so here's briefly the story.

 Inside the pez yellow house we were talking to the people who worked there about buying some pez dispensers, when a man in a plaid sports jacket came out of an office. He approached the conversation listened for a bit then introduced himself. Hello my name is Gunther Leitner. Getting no recognition he said "Don't you know who I am". Then he said "I know what you want, I'm the guy you need to deal with". He turned grabbed a post-it, wrote something on it & signed it.

I sold this post-it on ebay a couple of years ago. While it was listed for sale Andy emailed me. He told me how uncool it was to sell this post-it. All these years later and they still thought I should play by there rules. Me I thought. Are you kidding me? After being wiped out financially during the Pez Color Wars you still expected me to take it and like it. How Bizarre. How Bizarre. 

That said. I don't think the person who won this post-it really realizes how significant a piece of Pez Outlaw memorabilia that little post-it is. That piece of paper signed by Gunther brought over 1/2 million dispensers to the hobby of collecting pez. The price it sold for on ebay was about $20.00. The actual value as an iconic mile marker in the hobby of collecting pez and Pez Outlaw History is more like $2,000.00 when you truly appreciate what it is.

Whoever bought Gunther's post it. I'd love a picture to put in the book. Right Here. I don't have a picture of it. 
If you'd like it's value to be $2,000.00, give me a pic n it will be.

 
That little post-it signed by Gunther Leitner, single handedly impacted the course of pez collecting in the early 1990s and for the next 10 to 25 years. Let me ask you if you think that there would even be a Pez Outlaw without that little post-it signed by Gunther.

So please, I need a picture of it. Let me make it n your ownership of it famous.

Gunther gave us an address and said go here. When we arrived at the address, we showed the post-it to the guard & the gates opened. Once in the warehouse the manager snapped to & took us to a pile of boxes containing older pez dispensers. We selected what we could afford & paid Gunther. I believe though that he was very disappointed. Being one of my first few trips, we only spent a few thousand dollars. Not a lot of money in the beginning, as we were just figuring this whole thing out. Though from my point of view a very successful encounter, we got a little of everything. The pez trucks sold out in a few days, so within two weeks, I went back to Gunther on a trip just for Truck Pez dispensers.



That's the story as I originally wrote it.
I now believe the following, because no record or acknowledgement of or by the buyer of that original postit has ever surfaced. 
A straw buyer must have bought this postit for Scott McWhinnie.
My guess is, so he would have leverage over Gunther.

No comments:

Post a Comment