ebay link to Pez Outlaw Collectibles.
Please Watch My Emmy Winning Movie, The Pez Outlaw on Amazon Prime & Peacock. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Best actor at SXSW.
It's My Story.
received this question today from David Cavalieri via private message.
Hi Steve, I have a question I've wondered about for a while the "Glew" trucks yellow, pink and orange on black trailers. Were they all made in the same quantities? Any idea why the wheels were glued in place on some of them? Any idea why the orange set is so much harder to find than the other two?
A long time ago when my hair was still brown/black, Hell when I still had hair, Joshua n I made our first trip of over 80 to Hungary. Gunther sent us to the packaging facility that he controlled. A significant part of our load from that trip were Pink, Yellow n orange cab trucks with black stems n glued in wheels.
This story is further explained in McHOOKER's, Pez Outlaw #Netflix #Quibi #Disney #Am.
OK, all that said, here's the story.
Pez Austria has a meeting, "we need to expand distribution into the old eastern block of Europe". For those of us that didn't pay attention in History Class. The Old Eastern Block of Europe was the Soviet Union, which was made up of every country east of Austria n half of Germany.
So they picked one of there board of geniuses to head it up, Gunther Leitener.
Gunther created a new injection molding facility in Gyor Hungary n had every old mold he could lay his hands on sent to Gyor. Gunther created a home office for everything headed east in a house across the tracks from the Raba Hotel (soon to become Pez Outlaw's Shadow Pez Headquarters). I named Gunthers new House/Headquarters "The Yellow House".
Gunther's grab of old molds wasn't as sinister as it sounds, he had a new plastic n a new packaging facility to get up n running without disrupting the normal operations of Austria.
Part of this mold grab was the old C class truck molds, note America was on the next class of D series trucks then. Problem was, the axles were sloppy n fell out /old molds/wore out. I hate to tell you but to a normal worker in Gyor, the simple solution was the answer, just glue the wheels/axles in place. Problem solved.
When Joshua n I got to the warehouse of the packaging facility where pez product had been gathered from all over Europe, a portion of the C Class truck run was left. Most of the Orange cab trucks had been packaged n sent east to Russia etc. so only a few handfuls were left, say 1/2 or a box. Box = 300. Yellow cabs were next scarce due to shipped east, say 2 boxes = 500 ish. Pink Cabs though there were 3 to 4 boxes say 1,000 ish.
Due to very limited funds n being plopped down in Valhalla, we could only get some of everything.
We sold those trucks like food to a starving village, mind you we really weren't asking very much for them.. You gotta remember, I sold Psycho Lucy's for $25.000 each.
2 weeks after josh n me finding the c class Orange, Yellow n Pink cab black stem trucks, I went on my 1st solo trip to Hungary to pick up the rest of those trucks before they were gone forever.
My guess is yes that the Orange, Yellow n Pink cab c class trucks on black stems/trailer were indeed made in equal quantities. It's just that by the time I found them most of the orange n yellows had been sent east Russia etc.
Time to search east n improve your Russian contacts for Orange cab trucks.
see McHookers Post for the rest of this story.
McHOOKER's, Pez Outlaw #Netflix #Quibi #Disney #Am.



No comments:
Post a Comment