Friday, January 2, 2026

Pez Outlaw, The Past Came Calling #pezoutlaw

Please Watch My Emmy Winning Movie, The Pez Outlaw on Amazon Prime & Peacock. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Best actor at SXSW.

It's My Story.

ebay link to Pez Outlaw Collectibles.




When I see Pez Outlaw though I don't mind as much.
He has responsibilities n things he must do, so God Bless.

It can be quite difficult to reconcile your past with who you are today.
I've been a drug addict, an alcoholic, a soldier and an Outlaw.
By far the thing that can upset who I am today most is my past as Pez Outlaw.

Pez Outlaw was flamboyant, outspoken and rich.
Yes Pez Outlaw thought he could do no wrong, he thought he was invincible.
In the end Pez Outlaw's overconfidence was his own undoing.

Pez Outlaw had to fall so that I could find myself again.
He and I are now two very different people, which is why I can at time find wearing his skin very disconcerting.

Recently I had to be Pez Outlaw for 5 days straight, it messed me up for the next 3 weeks.
People told me that they just avoided me because.........................................?
I recovered n apologized to everybody, everything in life has a cost.
That said, I will do my job n will pay whatever price.

I understand when people want to meet him, He was the biggest thing that ever hit the hobby of collecting Pez, literally on a global scale.
It also surprises me how after almost 2 decades how easy it is to slip into his skin.
The trick though is remembering who I really am and to not be influenced by him.


New n Improved Design For The Pez Outlaw Dispenser






 No-Changies, No Take Backs.

Jim Blaine stopped by yesterday to visit, What a wonderful person.
I don't see many people from the old days anymore n it was kinda nice to tell all my stories, because nobody around here really wants to hear them.
I told Jim that he'd done with great success something I never would have tried by putting on the Michigan Pez Convention.

During Jim Blaine's visit I told him many things.
Pez Outlaw was my salvation.
Pez Outlaw n I are 2 different people.
I needed to lose everything Pez Outlaw had accomplished so that I could find myself again.

If  I wrote Pez Outlaw over from scratch like this version never existed, that I would write it very differently.
The Diary though is just that a diary, a primal scream that helped me find my way home again.

Today I hate nobody, it just is what it is.

The questions.
What's my favorite pez dispenser? Easy Black Santa.
Pick  a person from that time you hold in high esteem. Easy again David Welch.
When I was at my lowest point David Welch sent me a very long email trying to comfort me n help with advice. David Welch is a stand up guy. Of couse I love Maryanne Kennedy but she's in a whole nother category.

Final note about Jim Blaine's visit.
Remember how I said I wouldn't look at the pictures you took or read your post, because it would mess my head up.
Well I looked n I read n it did indeed mess my head up.
Looking at pictures of me n reading your generous words was like driving by a car wreck, I just couldn't look away. smiley face.

It was wonderful to meet you Jim n I wish your endeavors all the best.
Like I told Jim, Pez Outlaw n I are 2 different people.
I might be the caretaker of all of Pez Outlaws stories but he also belongs to all of you in the pez community as well, because he would never have existed without all of you.
My deepest hope is that his memory will one day be cherished by all of you.

Me.
I'm just an old guy driving his tractor n talking to his friends, the horses n dogs.
FYI. Jim met Billy Dog n The Wild Bunch. That was the Cool Part.

Signed 
The Yard Gnome

The only problem is that all of the attention threw me  off balance.
I looked at the pictures n read the posts n that was a big mistake.
I should've politely ignored both.

I know that every day I spend a great deal of time promoting Pez Outlaw, but I do it without internalizing him.
You might say I'm Pez Outlaws agent n PR team, but I maintain a separation from him.
Years ago I poured all of my adventures into the character Pez Outlaw so that he could carry all that n I could move on.
That careful separation gets blurred when I meet people that want to meet him.

Pez Outlaws life is to big for me to wear.
It's complicated. 

What followed was a year of me/pez outlaw stepping out of my groove, including things I said i'd never do like attending a convention.
I gotta admit that it had its fun moments but I'm not sure that it gained much on the Pez Outlaw agenda.
Though I did make sure to walk away with as much video as I could generate.

One thing is certain though, facebook is not Pez Outlaws best forum for achieving his goals.
Pez Outlaw is a creature more suited to twitter, facebook people take his stance with Pez Corporation to personal, not understanding that you can love pez n not pez corporation.
That being said I'm going to greatly reduce my interactions on facebook.






I want a Do-Over, lets try this again.

Did you know that the pins you get at conventions originated from the 1st California Pez Convention.
I originated it n called it the CACDC, "I Think"?
Anyway when I put that convention on I was knee deep in creating Cloisonne Pins.
In all I created between 30 n 50,000 Cloisonne Pins, cartoon characters, pez type n advertising type.
Want to hear something crazy.
I had a hell of a time finding any kind of picture of the very 1st Pez Convention pin ever made.
All I could find was this drawing.



I called the 1st California pez convention the CA. CDC  (California Candy Dispenser Convention) because I did not want to nor did I talk to Pez Corporation in any way shape or form about the Convention.
But the CA. CDC was the 1st pez convention held in California and the very 1st pez convention pin ever given away at a convention was mine at the CA. CDC in 1995..

Oh my god I just realized that that convention was almost a quarter century ago. Time hits me like a ton of bricks now. After working with tunnel vision on pez outlaw for almost 2 decades I poke my head up every so often n get smacked by the passage of time.

This Picture was generously provided by Judy Mesler 

 


After Pez Outlaw, I intend to retire.
new profile pic captures my essence






Pez Outlaw Diary 









No comments:

Post a Comment