Wednesday, April 1, 2026

The Double Award Winning Pez Outlaw 2015 Playboy Article #pezoutlaw



Somebody needs to buy everybody at Pez USA a Pez Outlaw tshirt.
Then they could have a Pez Outlaw appreciation day.
You know they'd love it


Please Watch My Emmy Winning Movie, The Pez Outlaw on Amazon Prime & Peacock. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Best actor at SXSW.

It's My Story.

I started writing about Pez Outlaw in about 1996 in a little handout publication that I called the Pez Handbook.
I continued his adventures on the earliest forms of the internet as they became available, all of which were before twitter n facebook existed.
Seriously, that's how long Pez Outlaw has been around, before facebook or twitter.

I joined twitter in 2010, facebook probably about the same time, give or take a yr.
2010 is roughly the time that I found googleblog n began formally writing Pez Outlaw Diary.

A few years into writing Pez Outlaw Diary a Hollywood Producer of some note contacted me about turning Pez Outlaw into a movie.
Being that I'm actually your average idiot male, I screwed that up royally n the guy ran away in horror.

In 2015 Jeff Maysh the writer contacted me about doing a long form story on Pez Outlaw.
I agreed to him doing it. below is an excert of his published story that by the way he won 2 awards for. Not 1 AWARD no he won 2 AWARDS for his Pez Outlaw story published in Playboy in 2015.


Excerpt from “The Pez Outlaw,” Playboy, April 2015
By Jeff Maysh
 
PezPlayboySpread
A 1993 toy convention changed Steve’s life forever. As he tells it, a mysterious woman opened her jacket and showed him a Silver Glow Pez, a Holy Grail for Pez collectors.
She whispered to him in broken English, “There are many more where I come from.”
“Where did you get it?” asked Steve, hypnotized.
“Direct from factory in Slovenia,” she whispered.
“Where?”
“All you need to know is Kolinska.”
Steve had never left North America because of his intense fear of flying, but he agreed to go after being prodded by Joshua. They emptied their savings accounts, ordered emergency passports and on January 2, 1994 soared over the Swiss Alps in a twin-prop plane. “The pilot left the controls to serve drinks, and the turbulence was unreal,” Joshua recalls. His terrified father turned green.
It was worth it. In their minds, the streets of Slovenia would be paved with priceless Pez dispensers. Kolinska turned out to be the name not of a town but of a nondescript packaging facility. Joshua, the teetotaling star of his high school’s drama club and a resident advisor in college, drove them over Ljubljana’s romantic bridges and out of Slovenia’s capital.
It was a rare adventure for the father and son. “Dad would work so long and hard that he often fell asleep and crashed the truck. It was a struggle for him to make enough money for the family,” Joshua says. “He wasn’t an approachable guy.” Kathy had realized years earlier that Joshua had inherited his father’s obsessive nature: The teenager bought M&Ms wholesale and undercut the Boy Scouts’ prices, adding to his college savings.
But Kolinska was not the Pez jackpot the Americans had envisioned. The warehouse owners explained that they had a few pieces for sale, but the real Pez nirvana was a plastics plant in Ormoz˘, Slovenia, where the dispensers were manufactured. The factory bordered Croatia, however, where a war for independence was raging. “You should not go there,” they warned.
Steve couldn’t be dissuaded.
“Which way is it?”
The 100-mile-long freeway to Ormoz˘ was one of the most dangerous routes in Europe, and the Glews crisscrossed perilously high bridges and dodged horse-drawn carts. When they arrived in Ormoz˘ the industrial smog was so thick they could barely see the two-story building, further obscured by tall pine trees.
A worker led Steve and Joshua across a catwalk suspended above the factory floor. Below them, thermoplastic machines roared and hissed, producing dispensers with a satisfying thump-thump-thump. “The repetition and sheer volume of product was hypnotizing for guys like us,” recalls Joshua. In a secret laboratory a worker smoked a tiny cigarette while hunched over the latest Pez creations. A starstruck Joshua asked for his autograph, and the embarrassed worker said he “felt like Elvis.” They all laughed, and the worker’s code name was born.
“Elvis was a frustrated genius, a wild card who was always doing experiments with Pez,” recalls Steve. “But his bosses in Austria always rejected them. I told him that in America, collectors would go nuts for these experiments.”
In this plastic Valhalla, shelves overflowed with prototypes and a cast of rejected characters. Steve sweated with excitement: The pursuit of Pez had now taken over his life. A leading expert on compulsive-collecting disorders, Mark McKinley describes this behavior as “repetitive acquisition syndrome.” “Extreme collecting is a psychopathological form of collecting,” he says, and it can even result in “breaking laws, hurting people, going to the poor house.”
Steve ordered Joshua to fetch the cash from their car, telling him, “Bring it all. Just bring it all.” As Joshua crossed the catwalk, alone and invisible to the workers below, he danced a happy dance all the way over.
Elvis showed Steve a Santa Claus dispenser with a black face. “I nearly fell over,” says Steve. Pez bosses had scrapped the idea, but Steve knew that Black Santa was the Pez de rĂ©sistance. He bought as many as he could carry, filling a military sack with them and a trove of other plastic treasures.
So when the Austrian guards stopped Steve and Joshua at the Hungarian border and threatened to confiscate the toys, the Glews fled east to Budapest, bringing their Black Santas with them. Back in the U.S. the dispensers sold for hundreds of dollars each, and Steve vowed to return to Europe, next time with serious money.

To read the entire story written by Jeff Maysh about Pez Outlaw see - The Pez Outlaw, PR Department #Apple #Disney #Netf...

As Jeff Maysh was leaving my home in 2015 to write his Pez Outlaw story for Playboy Magazine I gave him the name of the Hollywood producer, telling him that he should contact him as his story was the step 1 that the producer had indicated was hid method of launch.

Jeff indeed contacted the Hollywood Producer and a contract followed as did a year long effort of shopping the script that was written around Hollywood.
After Jeffs visit in 2015 is when I began writing Notes From The Asylum.
I began Notes From The Asylum because I found I had more to say n was tinkering around with Pez Outlaw Diary to much, to the point that it was becoming incoherent.
I also needed something to keep me busy while I waited for the wheels to turn in Hollywood.

By 2015 Pez Outlaw Diary had roughly 350,000 views n I thought that that was pretty good.
That is until only 4yrs later Notes From The Asylum has crossed over the 1 million views mark in 1 yr less the time. Today Notes From The Asylum is almost at 2 million views.

In about 2017 Hollywood n Jeff Maysh both wore out from dealing with me.
It happens, almost everybody I meet wears out from me, some last longer than others but all eventually tire.
I don't blame Jeff Maysh or the Hollywood producer, I really do understand and accept how my methods and brain wear people out.
To the CONTRARY, Jeff Maysh and the unnamed Hollywood producer still at this point are the people I would trust to handle the story.

I've had 2 bites at the apple n failed because of my behavior.
I really feel that there will be 1 more oportunity n I can't help thinking that crossing the 1 million views mark for Notes From The Asylum will be be the trigger for that to happen.

This thing about me tiring everybody out is really not regret.
I accept who I am, To give up one side of my personality would be also to give up how it make me unique n the ways that I actually benefit from the very things others grow weary of.
You'd be amazed how many times you have to say or show people the same thing to even minutely penetrate a market.
Example, TV commercials, they don't do it because it doesn't work.

I've also come to an understanding with the fact that, people watch someone n may say "What an idiot". Then they just can't seem to stop watching the guy. People watch the unusual not the usual. When weird is part of who you are, you can fight it or make peace n set it free.

Yes I tire pretty much everybody out but then again my overall posts have more than 2 MILLION views. so you know probably not gonna change much.

Did I ever tell you that the reason Kellogg's put limits on the number per household for redemptions was me. Yeah that's on me, Sorry.
I tend to push till things break, then I stop.
I sent in for so many premiums in about 1992 that the post office stopped bringing them to the house n I had to go down with the Mini Van n pick them up every other day.
I spent probably $25,000.00 on postage n proofs redeeming cereal premiums.

This carries over to twitter n facebook.
I stop tweeting most days when I limit out the number of tweets that you are allowed per day.
I stop promoting ebay on facebook when I limit out the mechanism. 
Push it til it breaks, then break it again tomorrow n the next, etc.

As by now you have guessed, I am compulsive obsessive.
That's exactly how Pez Outlaw was born n yes I pushed Pez Corporation to the point of madness. The expresident of Pez USA to this day can not talk coherently if you mention my name. AHHHHH! Good Times, good times.

Everything has its rules but by the same token, everything also has its loopholes.
My specialty is pushing the loopholes to the breaking point, then break them over n over, till they fixem.

sorry, got off on a tangent. a bit bipolar also.

To whom it may concern 1 MILLION views was my goal for Notes From The Asylum, I am if you wish prepared to go silent for this final grab at the brass ring.


After Pez Outlaw, I intend to retire.





Pez Corporate Fraud, Pez Color War, Restitution.



No comments:

Post a Comment