Sunday, March 11, 2018

Pez Outlaw, Popcorn 8 #pezoutlaw

Please Watch My Emmy Winning Movie, The Pez Outlaw on Amazon Prime & Peacock. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Best actor at SXSW.

It's My Story.


Disclaimer:
After writing this post I wonder if I wasn't being a bit to strident about everything?
Rest assured that if you buy the rights to Pez Outlaw Diary, I will support any decisions you make about the story or casting.
I get bored n was just trying to have a little fun while I wait.
If you buy Pez Outlaw Diary n choose to script my role, I will learn my lines n not deviate.

JB fanboy?
That said, here's the post.

It would be unkind to mention Box Office or Oscar Show ratings, so I won't.
Instead I offer this suggestion.
If you want to recapture your audience, why not make a movie about the dream every one of them secretly have.
Every person in middle America dreams of having that 1 big idea that wins n gives meaning to there lives. 
Nothing about the Pez Outlaw story is foreign to Middle America, The struggle, The Win, The Loss, The refusal to give up n persevere through hard work.
When I win at the end of the movie, because of the movie, every person in Middle America Wins, because it shows them that the dreams they hold that keep them going are also possible.
I can't state that strongly enough, Movies need to give the audience hope.


I've never believed that I am better than anyone else, But I do believe that on occasion I see the moment more clearly.
I believe to my very core that I'm right about this, I think you do too.

At it's core I believe that a Pez Outlaw Movie is an Abbott n Costello / Laurel n Hardy Movie.
Pez Outlaw being the Lou Costello / Stan Laurel character, busily involve in absurd situations.
Joshua my son would be the Bud Abbot / Oliver Hardy character, the straight man reacting to the crazy.
Sorta a cross between "Catch Me If You Can" n "The Man Who Knew To Little".

I believe that the Irving Thalberge rule used to great success with his Marx Brothers movies should be utilized.
Show the Pez Outlaw character in a sympathetic light in the opening sequence to gain an understanding n future forgiveness of the character.
The thing that makes a TV show or Movie good to me is if I actually like, feel empathy n root for the character.
I reject so much entertainment simply because at a point I realize that I really don't like these people.
No amount of good writing will make up for characters that you don't like.

Which is why I'd make this the opening scene of the movie
an 8 year old child, (1959) Pez Outlaw being dragged to, then pushed into the classroom closet at the Maple Grove Elementary school. Darkness, then the door opens revealing Pez Outlaw 10 years later in solitary confinement county jail Ohio. 
see C1. Crazy Is Easy If You Are Motivated, #pezoutlaw
Followed by that twin propeller flight from Hell over the Austrian Alps where Pez Outlaws life flashes before him as he's about to die.
This allows the backstory reveal, then the present day decade long Pez Outlaw Adventure can unfold.

from $30,000 a year to 4.5 Million dollars earned in a decade.
Travel to Europe once a month for a decade.
The thief who ran Pez Corporation for a decade.
Then the Catastrophic decision that sealed his fate for the next 20yrs.
The final shot of the movie is a backshot of Pez Outlaw 2018 in the dark watching the move of his life being shot. The victory after 20yrs in the wilderness survived by an isolated belief in his story.

I like Jack Black to play Pez Outlaw because of his ability to deliver absurdity with a deadpan face, never revealing the secret only he knows.
grant gustin who plays Barry Allen/the Flash would be perfect to play Joshua in a Pez Outlaw Movie. 

Well there you go, The Elevator Pitch.

If they ever make the Pez Outlaw Movie or the book is published I think I'll buy a horse or a Bull Mastiff dog n name it Pez Outlaw.


After Pez Outlaw, I intend to retire.

new profile pic captures my essence





Pez Outlaw Diary   

No comments:

Post a Comment