Tuesday, May 30, 2017

1st Known Photo of Pez Outlaw #pezoutlaw #hollywood

1951, The Arrival of Pez Outlaw.
Yeah, that was me back in 47, oops.
pez outlaw
My 1st n earliest memory as a child was being in a fever state.
My whole body felt like it was wrenching.
Almost like a rejection of this existence.

I've tried to go back n make sense of it, but I can't. 
I've always wondered if the first n last moments of life are somehow connected.
Like a bridge in time.
 
To this day the memory is vivid.
I've never told anyone about that, not even Kathy.
Sorta fitting that I told it here in the Asylum first.

Do you want to know something that'll give you a reality check?
Explaining this post to Kathy, I said out of deference.
Fugue state you know how bipolar people get, like it didn't include me.

I got a really blank stare. 
Perception of my reality took a hit.
Honey I don't get that way? answer, sometimes. 

I just don't know what to do with that.
How you see yourself, is not how others see you.
I'm not medicated or under a doctors care, but I guess I am indulged/tolerated.

Collision of Thought

Father to Son.
The Cat Lady is on her 3rd home. 
Words become orphans.
Tick Tock, Tick Tock.

I've heard of restless leg
Heard of restless hand, Superior Donuts
Is Restless Brain a thing?
Cause I think I got it.

I prayed for CAKE last night.
Got up n there was CAKE.
Pretty quick turn around on a prayer.
It usually doesn't work like that.

Do I Keep fiddling with it?
Gender insecurity aside.
Is it possible to seem more crazy?
Let's test that.

When at a crossroad.
Do you let your mind come out n play?
There is no point.
Which is not the point.

I'm standing on the 3rd story ledge.
Waiting for news that talks me down.
Roller coasters n Airports.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

Thank You
I appreciate that question
I hoped someone would ask me about that
Next question

Anxiety doesn't change anything.
Then again, I had a cool pic.
Also had a good title.
So, I write the words.

In a recent conversation Big words was the topic.
To use or not to use Big words, THAT is the question.

My official stance on the use of Big words is, ehhh whatever.
The words you use to make a point should be precise, understandable n get to the dirt.

You can talk for 10 minutes n say nothing.
Or, you can use a few sentences n get right there.

Of course I'm not one to talk because I talk in circles n use riddles.
That's my job though, to expound on the notions that drift through my mind.

There is no script, just find the manner that suits you.
To the point, speak in a manner that makes you comfortable. 

I find myself using my fathers voice more n more.
A natural drift to where I came from.

My writing structure is made up.
I'm told my grammar is poor.

Hell I make up words as it suits me.
Find your voice, convey the thought, keep it simple.

Words will not ingratiate you with fancy folks.
Let your thoughts stand for you in judgement.

We live in fear of judgement.
I prefer to present my thoughts unhindered by self image.

Since the age of 5, I haven't given a tinkers damn what anybody thought of me. 
Obsessing over will they like me sabotages any shot at finding out who you are.

That's not to say I liked myself, because I did not.
I've only begun to like myself in the last decade.

My journey has been n is a quest for change.
I strive every day to be a better person.

Present your mind to people.
Your appearance will betray you.

Your mind, purity of thought.
That's where you make your stand.

Look at me, you see some old shit kicker.
Listen to me, I hope you get a different take.

One truth is not in my hands.
Your perception is yours n I can't change it.

Circles n Puzzles.
I warned ya.

I really like the idea that Pez Outlaw traveled here from another dimension.
The transition from his world to this was just to much n Pez Outlaw ended up in the Asylum he writes to you from now. 

I can tell you one thing for sure.
If I still had my spaceship n could go back in time n change just 1 thing.
I'd go back to 1998 n never buy the Pez Outlaw collection.
641 Pez Outlaw Collection
courtesy of  Phyllis Shafer Oreck


$250,000.00 on new original design product, color variations, crystals n glow in the dark Pez.
$250,000.00 on old stock to qualify for previous sentence.

The biggest mistake bar none I made in this lifetime was to try n go legit by buying 1/2 million dollars of Pez From Pez Corporation in 1998.
So yes if I could go back in time, I'd never have done that.
Of course that would also mean that the Pez Hobby would never have seen Crystals or Glow in the Dark pez.
It would also mean that Scott McWhinnie would not have been forced into retirement.

I smuggled 2 million Pez this way n that into the USA.  
Over an 11 year period I earned 4.5 million dollars.
At the end of that I lost 1/2 million dollars.
We walked away from those years $250,000.00 in debt.

It's been almost 18 years since I received the news that changed the direction of my life.
The previous 47 years of my life had been a very slow crawl of forward momentum that peaked in a rapid decade of the 1990s.
The 1990s were the happiest time of my life, all my worries vanished for a decade.

The story of How much n why Scott McWhinnie hated Pez Outlaw (me) is by now well known within the Pez Collecting community.
Kathy said You really couldn't have changed what happened. 
My answer was, My biggest regret is deciding to buy that 1/2 million dollars worth of Pez Product.
I just never should have done it.


I've never been the type of person that things came to easily.
As a matter of fact my ability to fit into what is "Normal" has always been a challenge.
Despite that I found my path.

It took me 25 years to get to the point in 1994 that I was ready to make my move.
Finally I had scraped together a few thousand dollars to begin my journey.
The next 4 years flew by at light speed, as I traveled the world buying Pez.
I had finally caught the wave.

Everything was built on the momentum of the previous success.
Flea markets, Good Will stores, Collectibles of every description, McDonalds premiums, cereal premiums and finally Pez.
Every success rolled into the next, all building to the decisions of 1998.

In 1998 I remortgaged my home ($125,000.00) and took out an additional line of credit loan for $125,000.00.
I put that borrowed $250,000.00 plus another $250,000.00 of earnings in 1998 on the biggest play I had ever made.
I made my play, a half million dollars pushed into the middle of the table.

In late 1998 I lost and sj glew died.
Everything I had worked a lifetime for ended.
Like I said my path in life has not been an easy fit.

Yes I earned 4.5 million dollars in 11 years on a $4,000.00 investment, but in the end I lost $250,000.00 on a half million dollar investment that should have yielded a million, minimum.

The question then became, when you have lost almost everything what's your next move.
All material resources gone, what's left to draw on.
It was at that low point that I realized the one asset, I still had my mind.

Over the next decade I used it along with the new tool of the internet to write my story.
The process has been very slow, 15 years now.
The goal to sell the Pez Outlaw story as a book and a movie.

I can say this much as to the progress of that dream.
Having your story optioned does not guarantee that the movie will actually be made.
So I continue working.

That day in 1998 when sj glew and all his dreams died, that was the day Pez Outlaw was born.
A thought just crept into my mind. I wonder what the reaction would be if I showed up at Pez USA headquarters or the Offices in Austria?
Would I be welcomed as an old Friend?

You'd think that the person that made Pez international millions would indeed have the red carpet rolled out for him.
I say made them millions in this context, Bubble Boy, Color variations, Glow in the dark n crystal's.
All these ideas originated by Pez Outlaw n did not existed until I conceived n introduced them. 

So my guess is Pez Corp would welcome me (Pez Outlaw) with open arm.
Hell, I bet Pez Corp would throw a banquet in my honor if I showed up at there door.
I'd be all, gosh folks you don't have to create a special Pez Dispenser to commemorate my contribution to Pez.

N they Pez Corp would be.
But you are so awesome, we pale historically in the presence of Pez Outlaw.
Aw shucks, it was nothin.

After Pez Outlaw conceived n launched colors, glow n crystals Pez Corp sold millions of them.
Being a humble person I've stayed in the shadows n let Pez Corp run with my ball.
There success with my ideas is payment enough.
It's like watching all your children do well.

But Hey n Oh Shucks, if you want to create a special pez dispenser to commemorate the Pez Outlaw contribution to Pez.
I suppose that'd be OK.
After all, It's For The Children.

Jeez Oh Pete's, So much Fuss.
Thank You.
Pez Outlaw. 


After Pez Outlaw, I intend to retire.
new profile pic captures my essence





Pez Outlaw Diary



 




No comments:

Post a Comment