Saturday, August 15, 2015

641 Pez Outlaw Collection #pezoutlaw #hollywood

641 means 6 posts in 1
Topics covered include
Pez Outlaw Urban Legend
Will Work For Hay
Life is Funny
PEZ MISFIT's includes Black Santa
Some Know, Some Don't. Bubbleboy 
Bonus Round - ZEP pez Gun

Just scroll down to topic header in RED of interest

As long as the list of pez here is, at least half are not in it. 
Some of the rest of them below.

courtesy of  Phyllis Shafer Oreck
Pez Outlaw Urban Legend

Has the life of Pez Outlaw reached the point where his adventures are now being retold as urban legend?

recent ebay listing used the following linkage to pez outlaw to try n sell product.


From the Estate of an avid collector-
IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN!!!
(Please research "PEZ Outlaw" for more information)
A few years ago one of the World's top PEZ Entrepreneurs 
lived in & operated out of the American State of Michigan! This may increase the likelihood that rare or unknown pieces may be in Michigan.

That was the beginning of the pitch someone was using to sell Pez on ebay.
I guess I can think of a few people here in Michigan.
One in particular, we'll call this person "M".
M purchased $22,000.00 worth of Pez wholesale n that was just one of many purchases by M.
I'm not sure what M did with the pez, there's a strong likelihood M still has them. 
M only bought older pez, no Misfits.

I will not disclose M's name.
If you are from that time you probably know it.
It's up to M to choose there time.

This is not the first time that the character Pez Outlaw was used as a selling point. 

Pez Outlaw was a very popular character, Now his adventures are reaching mythical status within the collecting community and others?

I especially like the following sentence, " the World's top PEZ Entrepreneurs 
lived in & operated out of the American State of Michigan!"
Thank you Jeff n Playboy magazine.

Is Pez Outlaw Becoming Urban Legend?


*************************************************************************





Life is Funny



What I mean by that title is this.
I'm currently buying back Pez I sold almost 2 decades ago.

Santa Playworld
I brought approx a thousand of these Santa Playworlds into the country.
Most of the Santa Playworlds in collections in the USA today were brought into the USA by Pez Outlaw.

This one is signed by Pez Outlaw



I just bought back 65 Pez Pal Girls so I can sign them for sale on ebay.


















The Pez Pal Boys I bought from another fellow.
Slovenia 4.9 stem

















I musta smuggle around 1,2000 Pez Pal girls n 1,200 Pez Pal Boys into the USA from Hungary n Slovenia.

The guy with the girls told me he had a lot of my stuff n he wants to get out.


















 Had to tell him I can only buy in bits due to poverty.

The following items are for folks like me on a limited budget but would like a Pez Outlaw signature on one of the pez smuggled in in the 1990s.
I will post these Garfield w/big teeth on ebay at $5.50ea + $3.00 shipping.


































If all you want is a Pez Outlaw signature on a Pez Dispenser, "This Bud's For You".


This is all done to help pay the per year Horse Feed bill of $15,000.00
Like I told everybody on facebook.

****************************************************************************

PEZ MISFIT's













I need more MISFITS n Crystals to sign n sell.
Problem is I can only pay $2.00 for Crystals n $3.00 ea for Misfits.

It just occurred to me while doing chores.
Somebody at some point will probably forge Pez Outlaw on Pez To sell.
You know how I like posting SOLD! John Smith etc.
Print a copy of the sold post for your item to show yours is legit.

I just bought the above group of Pez on ebay.
I will be signing these pez for sale on ebay very soon.

Like this. Pinky Misfit on ebay Tomorrow



















N this one David W. Both sold very quickly to Heather Johnson n
Bob Bernacki thanks to both of you.


















I feel very fortunate to have gotten this group because of the significant role that they played in Pez Outlaw history.
Kooky Zoo were one of the groups that I brought into the USA from Europe in the 1990s.
Later in 1997-98 the Kooky Zoo were one of the groups I selected for the Crystal Project.
The first Crystals were conceived n ordered by Pez Outlaw, including the name Crystals that you use to describe them.

Interesting fact.
The difficulty of using clear plastic for Pez was one of the roadblocks I faced when I concieved the idea of the Crystals. 
The Hippo n crocodile I will be selling in this group has a pretty good size air bubble in his nose, making him significant in the history of Crystals.
Crystals have now been done to death, so the fact of the difficulty I had getting them made is now forgotten.
To me that makes this Hippo n crocodile Clear Crystal original a mile marker in there history.






 











































































































above 4 Crystal Kooky Zoo are examples from the original concept of Crystal Pez created by Pez Outlaw


After I introduced the Clear Crystal Kooky Zoo n Ghosts, Hungary did the multi color Kooky Zoo which I also brought into the USA. see below

































































For what it's worth I also initiated Glow In the Dark Pez at the same time.

Also included in this group were 2 of the Holiday Colors/Misfits (Pinky n David W.).
I will be signing these also as I now consider the Misfits which were the copies of the Holiday colors also my Pez.
It's simple Copies of my product or derivatives are my product.
So every Crystal or Glow in the Dark Pez ever made I consider My Children as my idea created them.

If you had been in the room when I proposed Crystal n Glow in the Dark Pez you would realize the resistance I got to these ideas.
I honestly don't believe you'd have ever seen Crystal or Glow in the Dark Pez if I had not conceived n championed the idea with my own money.

I gotta tell you something.
I love the name Crystals n I'm very glad that you all accepted my name as the name for these Pez dispensers.

Dave, Joe / Pez Outlaw Misfit Trucks

Just gonna do a very brief history of these trucks here.
In roughly 1998 colors n designs of Misfits were agreed on. 
As I started receiving  n selling them conversations started on a Glow in the dark truck project.
In the early stages of the GITD Misfit truck talks rumors started that Pez USA was going to release my designs.
I backed out of the GITD Misfit truck project.
This project was then offered to Dave n Joe who finished the specifics. 

Dave n Joe sold the Misfit trucks for a while then sold the remaining large quantity to me at a discount.
I also bought the "overflow" of Misfit Trucks from Europe. 
"overflow" = extra that was created n sold at undercut prices while joe n dave were selling.
This was the common practice on all Misfits.
I eventually bought all the loose "overflow" of Misfit everything from Europe at approx $2.00 ea, no questions asked.
Sometimes you've just gotta let things go n understand who you're dealing with.

For the above reasons, I also claim The Misfit Trucks as Pez Outlaw Pez with Dave n Joe.
White Stems


Glow in the Dark stems

Note
I actually prefer the name Misfits that Scott McWhinnie came up with for his copies of my Holiday Colors.
Holiday Colors is a clunky name, Misfits is very clean n catchy.
Kudos to Scott McWhinnie, much better name.
Give the Devil his due. 

Granted when Scott McWhinnie named my Pez Misfits his goal was to disparage them.
My goal is n will be to take the name back n make a once derogatory term one of pride.

In my writing n other endeavors I've come to appreciate how important titles n names are.
Give a post a good title n it gets views, sometimes more than the content deserves.
The name Pez Outlaw is my best example of good branding.
So Misfits yes, because it's a perfect catchy name. 

For to long I have treated Scott McWhinnie's Copies of my product like "Red Headed Step Children". 
No more, from now on I will treat all Misfits (mine and Scott's) as my children.
It's way past time that I embrace all of my children.

My Hope is that I will be able to buy at reasonable prices more Crystals, Glow in the Dark, Misfits, Pez Pals etc so I can sign them n sell them on ebay.

Black Santa

T'was The Season 


Another Christmas has come n gone with no Black Santa from Pez Corp.
I'm compelled to point out that The only Black Santa's to be released in any # 4sale in the USA are still Pez Outlaw Pez.
I think Pez Corps resistance to releasing a Black Santa is a deep disappointment to Black Children n children of color.
Pez Corp you've made Crystal Santa's so I'm bewildered by the holdup.
I'm sure Sasha and Malia Obama would if aware have questions about this.
Also for the record, my release of Black Santa's in the USA was exactly the day I became The Pez Outlaw in Pez corps eyes. 
Pez Corps Wrath over this was relentless. 

****************************************************************************

Some Know, Some Don't. Bubbleboy

Did You Know?


This story is going to be about the origins of Bubble Man or as some call him Bubbleboy.
To be honest I can't remember which name Josh n I gave him nor which the community has decided on.

Back in 1994 when Josh n I made our first trip to Slovenia is where this story begins.

Josh n I entered the injection molding facility in Ormoz.
We were met by Luba Pevic (?spelling of name).
After a very friendly reception due to an intro from Kolinska, Luba introduced us the the man we always called Marcos.




Marcos was the test guy, he tested everything n proposed ideas for new things.
Marcos was a very excited character who loved showing off his work.
Black Santa n Bubble Man were just 2 of the things he showed us.
This isn't Black Santas story so we're gonna skip over that for today.

Marcos loved Bubble Man but was very disappointed that Pez Austria n USA had said no to the dispenser.
Personally I agreed whole heartedly with Marcos on how Bubble Man was a truly great Pez Dispenser.
No accounting for taste, Pez Austria n Pez USA had said "NO WAY IN HELL".
Of Course they said the same about Black Santa n still do even today.

Josh n I said "YES WAY" to Bubble Man n out of appreciation for our good taste he gave us each one. 
note here cause it will come up later. proposed items are sent to Austria by the dozen or so for review. this happened with Bubble Man n Black Santa.

When Josh n I got home we told everybody about the adventure, much like how I talk about everything now.
2 individuals whom I won't name hounded us to buy our Bubble Men.
Not being stupid when Stupid Money is offered, we took the money, in excess of $800.00 each.
I gotta tell you I no longer remember one of the names or the exact amount they paid.

After we sold our Bubble Men David W. n Johann P. sold approx a dozen more that they'd gotten from you guessed it Austria.
From something Gunther Leitener once said I believe they got there's from him.
Not everybody who knows things about the Machinations of buying Pez back in the day will tell you stuff, so I have to piece it together based on small statements n things I saw.

Well by Golly Scott McWhinnie popped a cork over all this.
Next thing you know Marcos's little orphan Bubbleboy got real popular.
Scott McWhinnie ordered a bunch of something he had originally thought was shit.
I guess Anger is a real motivator.

NOW! Well now Bubble Man is a Legend.
From His meager non existent beginnings Bubbleboy has probably become the most individually produced Pez Dispenser to have ever existed.

Just think about it, it all started with that one friendly gesture of Marcos giving Josh n I each one out of friendship.
Had Josh n I not Sold ours both David n Johann told me that they never would have sold the ones that they had.
The reason both stated was that he was to new.
I know I forget a lot of stuff but those words are like Johann n David spoke them yesterday.

The upshot, Yes I claim Bubble Man as a Pez Outlaw Pez.
RIGHT!
































Yes, obviously I claim Crystal Bubbleboy/Bubble Man.
After all Pez Outlaw created n named the Crystals.



































Yes, obviously I claim Glow in the Dark Bubbleboy/Bubble Man.
GITD PEZ, were Pez Outlaw ideas n creations.
I also sold the first ones produced, PERIOD!



A little inside stuff.
I cover this in Pez Outlaw Diary, but I bet you would agree with me that this  telling is better written.
I believe that I'm a better writer now than a decade ago when most of the diary was written.
Problem is I'm just to lazy to go back n rewrite Pez Outlaw Diary.
We'll let Jeff do that shit.
much more to follow on this post.
***********************************************************************

Bonus Round - ZEP pez Gun

Yes the Zep Gun was created by Pez Outlaw, but there is quite a bit to know beyond the obvious.
Contrary to what you might think, I did not make the Zep gun for money, because to be honest I did not really make any money on them.
I created the Zep gun because I could.

I used to shop a lot with a suggestive eye.
When I saw these little toy guns my mind immediately went to work customizing the original toy into a gun that would shoot Pez.
Once I found this gun in a dollar store I contacted Mike Mitros.
Mike used package info to source the importer n through his connections order me a pile of cases of these guns.

Several things here.
I don't remember the year I made these.
I don't remember how many toy guns I bought.
I don't remember how many I sold or at what price.
None of those things actually matter.

I made the Zep Guns because I really enjoy creating.
I enjoy the process, I do not enjoy production beyond creation, which is why after making x-amount
I sold the roughed out unfinished Zep guns to someone.
No idea who it was that I sold that pile of unfinished zep guns to.

The Zep Guns I will picture below are just the roughed out ones I sold in bulk to someone.


Note the burring from the band saw used to rough cut the Zep gun to accept a customized pez regular as the cartridge.




The above Zep Gun will require a lot of finish hand filing for fit as will the pez regular. The striker will also require further customizing or upon impact it will shatter the Pez Candy Brick.



The barrel is nowhere near ready to allow candy to pass through it. I used a jig to open it up followed by hand tooling.
These Zep Guns have not been touched since the day I shipped them.
All they are is roughed out. All will need a lot of fiddling to be usable Zep Guns.
The person I sold them to, bought them with the understanding that they'd need to finnish them.
I sold this group of unfinished Zep Guns cheap/wholesale.

Pictures were provided by  Allen Conley.
Brent Pez Johnson also contacted me saying he too recently bought a Zep Gun.

Note to all. I wish I could have gotten $20 each for the Zep Guns, If I had I might have actually finished them all.

It's to bad I don't have a clue how to do an online video for $$$$$$
If I did I'd make one n show you all how to finish these Zep Guns.
Yes for money, remember, I'm poor.
Actually a more accurate reference since I still owe $185,000.00 on the Pez I bought n lost every penny would be that I'm -poor.

Anyway, Zep Gun. Blah Blah Blah.
Wrote this because when Allen asked his question, answer length was this.
Waste not, Want not. 

Postscript;
As Scott McWhinnie n I did battle in the Pez Color War a lot of merchandise went out the door in bulk so I could continue to fight.
The Zep Pez Gun Story is only one of many.
Example; Michelle Lorenz bought one group of product, a bulk sale for approx $25,000.00
Like I've always said, I fought Scott McWhinnie with everything I had, EVERYTHING.
I used the money to buy more "MISFITs" so I could undercut the price of his reproductions n take sales away from him.
I won a purely symbolic victory, Scott McWhinnie had to close out massive quantities to dollar stores etc. 
Which resulted in Scott McWhinnie's "retirement", "so he could spend more time with his family". 

Further;
Scott McWhinnie/Pez USA. You wrote the story in 1998.
I'm writing the History.
Scott McWhinnie/Pez USA. I'm answering the lies of 98 with painful truth.
I leave nothing out, even if I look bad. 
I can live with the truth of 98, can you Scott McWhinnie/Pez USA?

I'd rather be embarrassed by the truth than painted with lies.
A very large amount of what collector were spoon fed by Pez Corp in 98 about Pez Outlaw were lies.
Finally my voice is becoming large enough to correct the History of Pez Outlaw. 

My Tweets have earned 91,275 impressions/views over the last 28 days
Slovakia, Thank you for your support every day, it's very much appreciated.

What follows are comments about the Zep pez Gun Post.

Brent Pez Johnson I honestly don't know.There were quite a few people commenting on the original post. The post made it sound like there were only 4 for sale at first. But the seller had quite a few more than that. I only needed one.
respnce-
a hell of a lot more than 4. Pez Outlaw

Just received the following question on ebay

Dear www.sjglew.com,

quick question someone is selling a xmax or mark convered to shoot pez with a pez stem in stalled, did you guys do the conversion and does it work, she hasn't got the stem,

thanks for any help


You'd think I'm selling these.
n you know, I'm not.
I feel safe saying I have not owned one of these Zep pez guns in 15 years.
It's fun, though kinda funny.
It might be helpful if someone suggested to whomever is selling these Zep pez guns that they link to this post.


From collection of
Heather Johnson


The bottom one was a Zep 
original by Pez Outlaw.

To Heather Johnson. I did not paint the gold one gold. That I can recall. I did most likely make it then someone else painted it silver. 
but, I did do a lot of crazy shit. so who knows. 
********************************************************************
Will Work For Hay






Sometimes I feel like the "will work for food" guys you see at on n off ramps to the highway.
Wait a minute, Do they still do that?
I'm going by my memory of such things over 20yrs ago.
Man I gotta get out more.

I just wanna thank all the kind folks (pez collectors) who've been buying the listings I have up for Pez Outlaw signed Pez dispensers.

Dude, aren't you gonna need your hands to sign Pez?

One day we're gonna just come clean n call this place what it is, a horse rescue farm. 
One way or another half the horses here are just that.
Smokey n Dub exactly that.
Bunch of the others previous people just didn't want them anymore, like Johnny, Red, Honey, Paco, Trixie n The Old Man. BTW, the Old Man is now 37.
Some it's a sorta kinda deal. 


Buy the Old Man/horse a bale of hay.



Thursday Joshua brought over 126 bales of hay.
Friday Joshua brought over 252 bales of hay.
Saturday Joshua brought over 126 bales of hay.

Let me see, let's do the math.
9 bales of hay consumed by the Old Man n his 17 Bud's.
Guzzinta 504 bales = 56 days worth of hay.
So we're good for approx 2 months.

To be honest I'm hoping something happens on this movie thing in the next 30 days so I can buy at least another 500 bales of hay to get to Mayish.

So, I bought some more pez on ebay to sign.
Like I said.

"Will Sign Pez For Hay"

my Tweets earned 52,854 impressions over the last 28 days
Notes From The Asylum now has 410,000 views 


just sayn hi to an old friend

you didn't come near me when ole Soupy was around.

she took it real personal.

we liked it that way.





*************************************************************************


After Pez Outlaw, I intend to retire.
new profile pic captures my essence





Pez Outlaw Diary



 


No comments:

Post a Comment