Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Tonight Show w/ Pez Outlaw #pezoutlaw #hollywood @pezoutlaw


Please click adverts on my posts. otherwise I don't get paid. clicks are down.  

Standing in the wings waiting to go out on stage for an appearance on the Tonight Show to promote the Pez Outlaw Movie.


This post is about being true to yourself.

I may not leave the farm much but I do watch TV.
I see normal people who go on TV.
What I notice over n over is. If there not wearing there ill fitting funeral suit, they're wearing there best shirt.
To me neither is being true to yourself. You should not be ashamed to let the whole world see you as the people around you see you. 

That's why if I'm ever asked to be on the Tonight Show or do any personal appearances to promote a Pez Outlaw Movie. They will get the same person that the people around me see.
That means no funeral suit or best shirt. I'll wear my sweatshirts, jeans, muddy work boots n I don't wear my teeth for the folks around me so I won't wear them then either.

You should not be ashamed of who you are no matter what stage you're on and to me trying hard to dress up n not getting there is a betrayal of yourself.
You are never going to look as  good as the TV folks that you might talk to n trying but failing is just sad.
So, be yourself. The fraying and holes in my cloths are not something I'm ashamed of, they are the scars of  hard work.
Some of my jeans are like the jeans TV folks pay hundreds of dollars for, except the holes in my jeans are earned. I call it Hay Knee, from kicking hay bales up on the pile.

I'm proud of who I am and I will not insult that pride by trying to be something I'm not.
You want to talk to me, you get me, not some poor soul trying to fit into your world.
I come from my world n I gotta go back to my world.

Though if the Tonight Show gave me a suit to wear I think it would be a good gag to wheel the hanging suit out with me like another guest when I appeared. Then they could interview the suit and me.

I also think it would be a good gag for the Tonight Show host to do a short video of taking me out to buy me cloths and to a tailor for fitting. Then showing the finished product, jeans n a cut up sweatshirt. Hoodie, Hood cut off, sleeves cut to below elbows over another sweatshirt.

My point is this.
Be true to who you are.
If you like yourself, don't try to be something your not in front of others.
If that's not true, you don't like yourself and are not comfortable with who you are then dentures and a funeral suit are not going to fix it.

My hero when I was a child was Gabby Hayes and he still is. Google Him.

By the way, my Tonight Show appearance was a big success. 
I had no idea who the host was but who cares, it was fun.

What's the secret to your success?
You just keep grinding away at it every day, having faith that you will get there way past where most people would just give up. It takes a massive amount of determination.

At least that's the way it happened in my head. OOOH! Craft time, gotta go.

After Pez Outlaw, I intend to retire.
new profile pic captures my essence





Pez Outlaw Diary


 





No comments:

Post a Comment