Sunday, January 31, 2016

Free Horses n Dogs #pezoutlaw #hollywood @pezoutlaw

Please click adverts on my posts. otherwise I don't get paid. clicks are down.  

I sometimes think that if we aren't careful we are gonna go bankrupt from Free Horses n Dogs.
There seems to be no end to the number of good Horses n Dogs that need a home.

Three of my Dogs are Free Dogs, translation Dog's that needed a home.
Meaning over half the Dogs that live here were "rescues".
Technically 1/2 the horses 9 out of 18 that live here are also "rescues". 
I say technically because Johnny Cash is  owned by Clinton County Handicapped Riding.
We feed n take care of Johnny for them.

The other 8 horses were given to us to give them a good home.
The Old Man, Cowboy, Duncan, Wendy, Paco, Honey B, Red and Tricky.
The last thing in the world we ever need to do is pay money for a Horse.  

Red is the latest "free" Horse. He needs medical care (eye issue) but I believe that he's a really good horse.
Cowboy n Duncan were #14 and #15 on a horse pile fighting over not much food.
When we got them they needed groceries STAT.
Cowboy n Dunky are awesome looking Horses now.

Free Horses usually have an issue you need to fix but 3 (cowboy, red n johnny) of the purest soul horses I've ever met came from our willingness to accept "FREE Horses". 

One guy deserved his Gold Watch, the Old Man.  He's 35 years old.
It enriches your soul to pay the debt owed a horse for a lifetime of work.

The next "free Horse" is supposed to arrive the day after Christmas.
Man I just don't know? I think the Inn might be full.
The latest way that they show up is a request for temporary board that turns into a plea to take the hose.

So NO, we do not buy horse's anymore. There are just way to many good horse's pleading for a good home. 

Four of the animals that live here asked me personally if they could live here, two dogs Pinky n Billy and 2 horses Johnny n Red. I just can't find it in my heart to say no when they ask. 
What are you gonna do? We figure out a way to make it work.

People lie, animals don't. On that note Billy Dog says it's chore time.

Free Horse Update

I'm just recovered from my Holiday present, The Flu.
For Five days my body rejected any thought of normalcy.
This left me dull witted n gloomy.

The horses n dogs as always are my salvation.
There world keeps turning, so familiarity of purpose takes over.
Sometimes I wonder but there example provides clarity.

For a few days the headcount of horses reached 19.
That was due to the arrival of Jimmy, Red n Tenny.
More free horses than 1 feller knows what to do with.

So we shared the wealth.
Kathy contacted Rachel.
Rachel found a good home for Wendy.

Ahhh! Back to 18.
New problem, Marni Marrie comes in at night n that means Smokey/cowboy would be alone at night.
Red needs a pen? Hmmm.

You see organizing pen-mates is not a haphazard thing.
A lot of thought about personalities goes into it.
These decisions are above my pay grade.

Example.
Red is an open friendly boy, put him in the wrong pen n that innocents could be damaged.
Cowboy said he'd be fine coming in at night.
Hey, what do I know. Maybe Cowboys right.

Sick, rain, snow or cold chores must be done.
The fact that the horses count on me, keeps me going even when my mind has doubts.

I hope they follow through n actually do make the Pez Outlaw movie.
This year (2016) will most likely tell the tale, otherwise it'll cost them another $5,000.
Realistically though I'm not sure how much it will affect me if they do.

I play with the idea for fun.
Though it seems like I've been waiting a lifetime for Pez Outlaw to finish his adventure.

The randomness is intended.
I try not to reread what I write.
I want the thought to stay in it's moment.

One thing is most definitely true.
I do not live up to the hopes n expectations of Billy Dog.
Billy Dog has crazy BIG Dreams n Hopes.

Pez Outlaw Diary 

No comments:

Post a Comment