Wednesday, June 21, 2017

66yr old anxiety attack over twitter. #pezoutlaw #hollywood @pezoutlaw



Last weekend I watched a TV show that was about young people obsessed with there online presence and achieving large numbers of followers that were being murdered over there vanity.
This troubled me and started a few days of self reflection.

I started worrying that I might also have succumbed to this teenage online life preoccupation.
I can dress it up with my cause (Pez Outlaw) or how I'm using this as therapy.
This might be the intent but am I becoming obsessed with gaining followers?

I enjoy mentions, retweets and the number of views I'm getting but have I strayed from my true goal?
Am I allowing the unimportant to confuse my purpose.
Blah, Blah, Blah, metrics of penetration.

My initial mission statement at the Asylum was that I'm talking to an entity that I do not believe is real.
I do not wish to engage anyone, this is a solo quest into the cyber world.
In short, poor mans therapy.
Have I strayed from that?

Notes from the Asylum is supposed to be about my attempt to sort through my brain and make sense of my thoughts.
I'm not supposed to care if anybody reads these posts.
I'm supposed to write as though you all are not real or looking.

Was that ever true or am I just a teenager seeking fame?
Then again I did go yippie over the following tweets.

14m14 minutes ago

7h7 hours ago

thank you for doing Steve's story. Neat as all-get-out that it's 1 of the Best 2015!

I'm also enjoying things like the below, way to much.
Steven Glew
Works at Acme Inc
Lives in Bad Clown Town
5,600 followers
And the fact that Notes From The Asylum will reach 500,000 views in a couple months.

Unrepentant, He Said my Tweets earned 2,294 impressions over the last 24 hours

I tell myself that stats are a measure of accomplishment, but am I really as vulnerable as anyone else to the need for acceptance.
For Pete's sake, What are you gonna do with yourself?


I'm an unashamed narcissist. I only pay attention to what I'm doing.
This post was born out of a desire to laugh at myself.

After Pez Outlaw, I intend to retire.
new profile pic captures my essence





Pez Outlaw Diary







No comments:

Post a Comment