Saturday, December 17, 2016

I believe this with all my heart. #pezoutlaw #hollywood @pezoutlaw

The biggest mistake a TV show or a movie can make is if the audience does not care about or like the main character.

When Irving Thalberge resurrected the movie careers of The Marx Brothers.
He very pointedly had Harpo beat up by the bad guy in the first scene so that you would have sympathy for Harpo straight out of the gate.

I can't tell you the number of TV shows I've just stopped watching, sometimes mid episode when it dawns on me. I just don't care about these people and in some cases, I do not even like the characters.

That's why I've always tried to be open and honest about the character Pez Outlaw.
In the last year I've also tried to remove some of the anger I've felt in the past over what Pez Corporation did.
What I instead am now trying to emphasize is the struggle. 
How from very modest average beginnings, Pez Outlaw was trying to achieve the American dream for his family and still is.
Choosing now to view the initial defeat of Pez Outlaw in 1998 as a new beginning and origin point for the character.
I've tried to emphasize the unbeatable spirit of Pez Outlaw. How after a defeat that would lay most men down for the count. Pez Outlaw got up Dusted himself off n fought with everything that remained, which was not much.
Pez Outlaw fought back for over a decade in obscurity, with no outside support. The only person that thought what Pez Outlaw was doing wasn't crazy and a waste of time was him.
Even still Pez outlaw continued.

I believe all of this with all my heart.

every day i face the blank page. some days are easier than others.

Proby n Billy Dog are getting really anxious. gotta go. 

After Pez Outlaw, I intend to retire.
new profile pic captures my essence





Pez Outlaw Diary


No comments:

Post a Comment