Friday, December 2, 2016

Truth is Fungible. #pezoutlaw

When writing Pez Outlaw Diary, I did not lie to you.
I may leave out a lot of boring stuff or things that don't advance the story.
For purposes of story telling I emphasize points.

In the telling of my story I fluffed the pillows hear n there.
I brought shock into play as often as I could.

It's like how I prefer to remember my father.
I omit the Alcoholism along with it's Baggage.
I omit the serial Infidelity to my mother.
I remain aware of these facts, but I prefer to remember his strength.
My father was an extremely hard working man.
My work ethic was shaped by the example he set.

You maintain the core truth, but.
The Truth is Fungible.
You can move portions of it around.
Discard what distracts.
Emphasize to stress points.
Shape the facts to support the purpose.

So, Do I care how someone else might tell my story? NO!
In story telling, the story changes a little with each successive person who tells it.
Hopefully by the time the last person tells it, it's a good story. Worth listening to.

Pez Outlaw Diary


No comments:

Post a Comment