Tuesday, October 6, 2015

We're different now. #pezoutlaw



I liked this. didn't know any other way to share it.
Where I got it from.
Basically somebody said that nothings different, we're just more aware now.
Which is just modern for I'm OK, you're OK.

To me, no.
We were different back then.
In the 1950s n earl 1960s we viewed the world, our neighborhoods n our neighbors different than today.
As a child, I was different from most children today.
Grab at me or cross me n we were gonna fight.
Don't care who you were or how big you were, we were gonna fight.
Touch my brothers, we were gonna fight.
Hurt a girl, we were gonna fight. Broke my collar bone on that one.
Talk wrong about my Mom, we were definitely gonna fight. 

Let's face it, I made a pretty insincere Flower Child.
I kinda fought a lot especially in grade-school.
Nowadays somebody acts wrong. You smack them up side the head n you're in trouble.
Things have just went backwards. 
Society no longer allows adjustments for bad behavior, so it just continues.

My grandsons are being raised that way n I put wrenches in my granddaughters hands as often as I can.

The Difference.
A little girl from California was here when we did Hay.
A board was missing on the wagon.
California said we should put a caution sign around it.
I guarantee you my granddaughters were thinking,
Grandpa, you need to fix that.
One granddaughter in particular if she thought I'd let her would have been grabbing a board nails n a hammer. If she'd been given even a nod. 

No, OH BUDDY YOU BETCHA Things are different now for sure.

To me it's how we look at it.
Like the new thing, Free range parenting.
When I was young that was called parenting period.

I think that's why I kept going back to Hungary in the 1990s.
Beyond the obvious reason "PEZ".
Hungary in the 1990s reminded me of my childhood in the late 1950s n early 1960s.

We live in a society where if someone behaves in a proper fashion, people call them a hero instead of a good neighbor. 

A postscript after Paris.
Not a criticism just not How I'd look at it.
A terrorist says on your knees.
To late dude I'm already coming.
I like my odds against a terrorist better if I go at him than on my knees.
I know a lot of other Americans that would agree with me. 
Don't think about it, just go.
It's not a choice, it's about survival.


After Pez Outlaw, I intend to retire.
new profile pic captures my essence





Pez Outlaw Diary


No comments:

Post a Comment