Wednesday, December 7, 2016

I will never buy another Cub Cadet anything #pezoutlaw #hollywood

Lawn mowing will soon be here n thanks to my 6yr old Cub Cadet's death, I don't have a mower.

DEATH's 
Cub Cadet Garden Tractor
Services will be held Tuesday.

If you want to learn how to fix Garden Tractors, Cub Cadet is your brand.
If you want to mow your yard anything but Cub Cadet is your brand.
I have spent near as much time fixin my Cub Cadet as mowing grass. 

My Cub Cadet had a 5 year mowing life, repairs as follows.
3 V-TYPE Hydro BELT, that's a fun one to put on
over 1/2 dozen deck drive belts for mower.
new battery
ignition replacement
ELECTRIC PTO CLUTCH
12 spindle assemblies for blades
the final straw is the Hydrostic drive went out, translation- The Trany Blew Out.

Cub Cadet Lawn Tractors are like a piggy bank, you just keep putting money into them.
Unfortunately like Greek Bonds, you can just kiss that money Bye Bye.

Cub Cadet Nightmare

What if a manufacturer had a total recall on there product n nobody bothered to inform you?
Well I'll tell you what happens, 5 years after you payed approx $2,600.00 for your Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor the rear end just dies.

March 13, 2012. Cub Cadet Recall.

Cub Cadet recalled this lawn tractor because of defects in the Hydrostatic Transaxle, coincidentally 5yrs later mine dies.

Sold at Lawn and Garden retailers nationwide from January 2011 through January 2012 for
about $1900 - $2800.
Mine has a production date of 3-2011.
My SLTX 1054 was in the recall. 

Nobody contacted or informed me of this products defects in any way shape or form.
I only became aware of this recall while researching my most recent nightmare with the Cub Cadet lawn tractor.

Repairing this broken rear end or Hydro-Transaxle would cost me between $900 n $1,200.00. 
1k is the breaking point on this Cub Cadet, To be frank it's just not worth another $1,000.

This year alone I've already spent approx $800.00 on other repairs.
Add to that that about every other year I've had to replace all 3 Spindle assy mounts on mower deck at approx $38.00 each.

Five years is all that this Cub Cadet lasted before it died.
I paid approx $2,600.00 for this Cub Cadet SLTX 1054.
I've got another $1000.00 in repairing this Cub Cadet.

Before I owned this Cub Cadet I had a Scott Lawn Tractor that kept mowing for over 10 years with little to no repairs.

Cub Cadet Lawn Tractors have to be the worst garden tractors I've ever seen or owned. 
So what do you do if they hold a product recall n nobody tells you?
5yrs later when the Cub Cadet dies, you write a scathing review, because it's to late to do anything else.

If a movie is made of the Pez Outlaw story n I get the platform, Cub Cadet I will be mentioning how awful my experience with your product was.
Like Old Rudy, Pez Outlaw is a Bull Mastiff n we grudge real good.

The Walking Dead, EL DIABLO

There is an argument to be made that people walking behind a push Lawn Mower are the real Walking Dead, but that's a whole nother post.
Stay on topic, would you please.

The most miserable of the walking dead is my Cub Cadet lawn tractor, EL DIABLO.
For me if I can not love something as it is, it must become something else to gain my affection.
I do not love My Cub Cadet, so it became my worthy Nemesis.

It feels like I've spent as much time fixing that Cub Cadet as actually using it to mow the yard.
I would, put that Bastard in the ground, if I could afford to.
Lighten up folks, I'm using Movie bravado talking about my lawn mower.
After all that lawn mower is my Nemesis n what do you do with your Nemesis in a good action Flick.
You put them in the ground.

This time though I beat the Devil at his own game by remaining calm in the face of the unknown.
My father would be proud, he thought that I was not paying attention, but I was.

For me, anything with an engine is my tormentor. They torment n frustrate me to a degree that nothing else in life can. So the prospect of approaching EL DIABLO to repair it was daunting.

Yesterday the drive belt I bought on ebay from mowerpartsgroup  arrived.
First mowerpartsgroup on ebay is a really good place to buy lawn mower parts from.
mowerpartsgroup on ebay have a toll free number which I used to make sure I was about to buy was the correct one, it was not, they steered me to correct one. A big big thank you to mowerpartsgroup on ebay.

Yes I used the telephone, El Diablo made me do it.

OK, that part is done.
The part arrived very quick, you might say just in time.

Against type I approached the project of putting the drive belt on El Diablo calmly n methodically


First I'm not talking about the belt that goes on the mower deck.
Nope I mean the belt that goes from the engine to the rear end.
This is a very difficult job with normal tools n never having done it before.
I spent a lot of time under the mower studying where I assumed the belt went because it came off while mowing in a very spectacular manner.
I studied the pullies, invented a tool from 2 tools. then finished.
I gave myself a 60% chance of success.

Moment of truth, Turn on the ignition n engage drive.
Success, Praise Jesus, I beat EL DIABLO.
I should not have been able to do this.
Honest to god I was in a euphoric state, filled with amazement.
Things like this don't ussually go this well for me.

I'm still gonna paint that Cub Cadet BLACK.
It is, EL DIABLO.

El Diablo, Cub Cadet Devil Mower.


After Pez Outlaw, I intend to retire.






Pez Outlaw Diary

 

No comments:

Post a Comment